Friday, April 10, 2009

Surreal Day

Today was one of those days that seemed like it belonged in a movie and not in my life. We've had a number of those days in the past few years. I'm sure others have had those days.....maybe it's the day when the doctor says, "It's cancer".....or the day when your car was hit by the truck.....or the day your house caught fire.....or the day your teenage son ran away.....ours almost always have to do with our RADlets and their issues.

I guess what makes today different is that it involved a friend of the family and not just our family. This person was affected by our family's issues and I feel partially responsible.

I am so thankful that this person is a Christian and in God's hands. This friend is OK with what ever God has in store. I thank God for a peace like that!!

James says to consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds. That's a tough one. I don't feel very joyful at the moment..........I am working on peace but joy is not there right now. God, may You help me find that joy.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

1 comment:

  1. He will help you Julia and I will be praying for you....
    Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
    Psalm 34:19

    God Bless you! Chris

    ReplyDelete