Friday, April 24, 2009

Homecoming

Last weekend I was able to go to a Woman's Retreat with my sister at her church. Thanks to my wonderful husband and son for watching the rest of the kids so I could get away. It was a wonderful time of rest and renewal for me and I kind of dreaded going back home.

You see, my little RADlets have a problem when I leave and their routine is changed. When I come back from a trip, even if it's just one night away, they have a way of making me pay for being gone. I remember the first time David and I went away for a weekend and left them with family. They were great while we were gone. We praised them for the good report and the way they acted for their aunt and uncle and grandparents. We didn't expect the RAD behaviors we got for the next week. They were wild for us.

It didn't take us long to learn what to expect when we got home from a trip. And when I returned home this time, I expected some of the normal RAD behaviors. What I got was quite a surprise!! One of my little RADlets had made me a card. This in and of itself wasn't surprising because she is very creative and loves to make things for people. It's what the card said that was a surprise.

The front of the card said "To Mom.....#1" The inside said, "I missed you. I am glad you are home." And there was a picture of me and her with some hearts.

I know that all mothers get gushy about cards their children make for them but this card was so special because is shows healing and attachment. She missed me and she even admitted it to me! Now that is a really something to come home to!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Julia, this is so awesome. Praise the Lord. I'm sure your heart just swelled up beyond belief with this precious card and the even great benefit of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way WAY cool!!!! Those cards can really keep you going!!!

    ReplyDelete