Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Hero

My dictionary says that a hero is.... a person admired for bravery, great deeds or noble qualities....a person admired for contribution to a particular field....a person of superhuman strength, courage , or ability.

Last year my favorite radio station KLOVE had a contest in which you were to write about your personal hero and email the station. I don't usually enter those contests but for some reason this time I was compelled to. I wish I could tell you that my entry won but.....maybe next time.

My hero is my mentor and very best friend.....Teresa! I am so excited to be able to see her this weekend (we live in separate states) that I think I will just share my Hero entry........

My hero does not wear a cape or a mask
and is not know to the public as a
crime fighter. in fact if you talked to her
she would say that she's no hero.
She'd say she's just a Christian....
I would add that she lives her live by faith,
always "stepping out of the boat" like Peter,
trusting God every step of the way.
She would say she's just a wife...
I would add that she has been a faithful,
loving companion to her husband
of over 25 years.
She'd say she's just a mom....
I would add that she is an awesome mom to ten
kids (some biological, some adopted from foster care).
She would say she's just a home school teacher....
I would add that she finds the time not only to school her kids
but also to teach many co-ops as well.
She would say she's just a friend...
I would add that she understands me,
makes time for me and gives me advice and
insight on raising my eight kids.
So, although you may not have ever heard of my friend, Teresa,
she is a hero to me, her husband and her kids
but also a servant of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Teresa, if you're reading this know that I love you and can't wait to see you again. Thanks for all the advice and support over the years.....you are truly a hero, admired for your bravery, noble qualities and superhuman strength and courage. May God bless you richly through His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment