Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This morning I did something that, I'm ashamed to say, I haven't done in a while.....I started my day reading God's Word and praying.

Fact is, I've been a committed, involved Christian for more than 30 years and yet I still find it hard to make sure that I have special time with God everyday. Why is that?

DISTRACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have them. Mine come in the form of children, the computer, my husband, and friends mostly. These can be wonderful things....blessings from God but the devil uses them against us. He plants them there right in front of us so we have to push them aside to get to God. (Hopefully that's not a literal push and no one gets hurt:)

In the mornings my distraction comes in the form of sleep! It is just plain hard for me to get myself out of bed in the mornings to begin my day with God. Wow! That sounds pathetic! But it is true.

Right now I am reminded of Psalm 5------
Give ear to my words, O Lord
consider my meditations.
Harken unto the voice of my cry,
My King and My God.
For unto Thee will I pray.
My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning.
O Lord, in the morning
will I direct my prayer
unto Thee and will look up.

Father God,
It is morning and this is my prayer.....that I will look to you not just now but all day long!

1 comment: