Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Following The Son

But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can't see; eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of His divine being. So nobody has a good excuse. (from Romans chapter 1; The Message)





Yesterday one of my daughters came to me after Science, all excited over something new she had learned. "Did you know," she began, "that plants will grow towards the sun?!" (I love how kids think that they are the first person in the world to learn or figure out something). I assured her that I did know that about plants. Her comment to me was, "That's dumb. Plants should just grow up."


I had to think about that for a minute. Maybe she was right; but then again, God created this world to lead us to our Creator. Maybe plants following the sun is a lesson for us. No matter where a plant is placed it will reach out for the sun. Do we reach for God's Son no matter where we are placed?!

I tried to use that as a teaching moment for my precious daughter to learn about how we should be like the plants and always follow the SON! I'm not sure if she got it but I will never look at a plants the same now.

1 comment:

  1. I have a visual in my living room. Have moved that poor plant all over the place and still it continues to grow in one direction-thanks for the reminder that I need to be like that plant.

    ReplyDelete