Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation

Well, it's that time of the year isn't it? The days are getting longer, the sun is getting warmer and kids are beginning to think about the end of the school year. Graduation time!! There will be those graduating from pre-school, kindergarten, 8th grade, high school and college. The tune to "Pomp and Circumstance" flows through my mind while visions of caps and gowns march across my memory. Although I only had two graduations (high school and college), I remember them very well. They were celebrated and I was honored!

This year two of my children are facing a graduation of sorts. This is not the kind of thing that one sends out invitations to or puts on a mortar board for, however I couldn't be prouder. Both of my girls have worked very hard to get to this point and they deserve a celebration.

Two of my girls have healed to the point where they no longer need to be in therapy!!! They have been working with our family therapist for a couple of years now and last week we got the news that they would be able to make it without therapy now. Awesome!!

Our Doctor is taking us out to a restaurant and buying us lunch to celebrate. No funny hats or gowns, no "Pomp and Circumstance", no parties or presents, but it is a milestone just the same. I hope that they know how proud we are of them. I want them to feel honored. Maybe I should buy them a card and present it to them at lunch. Hmmmm wonder if Hallmark makes a card like that?! "Congratulations on Finishing your Therapy!" I don't know.... Guess I'll have to create one of my own:)

Way to go, girls!!! Now on to the next stage of life!

1 comment: