Sunday, May 17, 2009

Momma's Boy

Don't you just love toddlers and preschoolers? They get so excited about the littlest things. My youngest loves to greet me at the door with a huge hug, yelling "MOOOOOOM!!!"

This doesn't just happen when I've been gone for the weekend. This occurs many times a day. When I've left him with his teenage sisters to do errands and return home after just a few hours, he's there running to me. When I pick him up after being in class at church....big smile, running hug and "MOOOOOM!". But it also happens when I come in from walking the dog or getting the mail......even when I come out of the bathroom. He is always soooooo happy to see me.

This one fact makes me feel successful. When he was brought to our house I had no idea how long he would be with us. At first I was told it would just be a few weeks. I had, at that time just one goal for him......to make sure he was attached! I was just beginning to deal with the effects of RAD and I was determined to make sure that this precious little boy never, ever had to deal with that problem.

Praise God!! It worked!! He may be hyperactive. He may be spoiled. He may be "all boy". Sometimes, he may even be mean spirited and selfish. BUT he is not a RAD!!!!!

So, every time I come home to a little boy holding his arms out and running to me or even when I am late getting somewhere because I had to stop at the door for 5 hugs and 5 kisses....I will praise God that this little boy knows love. He is able to give love and receive love.

Thank you, God!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love their view of things and their excitement. There definitely is a difference in their perspective...something we can all learn from.

    I love the excitement that my youngest (6) neice has for me when I come in...running to me "Paaaaullllaaa's here." Great big hug!

    The older (8) has a lot of love but she doesn't show it as much---moody. Maybe a little like her aunt.

    ReplyDelete