Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lord of Lords

Although, I am not very good at it, I like to write music. I have been doing it since I was a teen, just as a way of expressing myself. Most of the time these songs lay in the back of my mind, hidden behind the to-do lists that are ever present.....that is until something happens that brings the lyrics to the front of my thoughts. Since most of my songs are about God this can prove to be a good thing.


Lately this song has been on my mind. So I thought I'd share.



Lord of Lords

Sometimes I feel all alone
No one's there; no one seems to care
The people I depended on
Let me down again; they walked away


BUT you are the Lord of Lords,
Creator of all things...still You care for me
You know my thoughts, I can not hide from You
You are the King of Kings
and still have time to hear when I pray
You sent Jesus to die to show how You care


Sometimes I think You test me
Take away the people that I'm leaning on
To show me all I need is You
You're the Rock I should stand upon


'Cause You are the Lord of Lords,
Creator of all things...You're my strength
In my weakness You become so strong
You are the King of Kings
And always there in good and in bad
You're in me; I am in You; We are one

No comments:

Post a Comment