Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stories of Acceptance Part 2

Yesterday I shared that for each of my adopted children I have written a story to show them how loved and accepted they are in this family. We believe each child, birthed or adopted, was planned by God Himself to be a part of our family but we know the that birth children feel this much more than those who joined this family through adoption. Some of these stories are simply a retelling of how God worked to get them into this family but two of these stories I believe were given to me by God to help these extreme RADlets know they are loved and wanted. I shared Chad's story yesterday, today I would like to share Felicia's.

The Day You Were Born
A story about Felicia
written by her Mom who loves her very much
If I had been there on the day you were born, I'd have been the first one to hold you. The doctor would have wrapped you in a blanket to keep you warm, then handed you to me. I would've held you close and looked into your eyes and said, "Welcome to the world, Little One. I'm your Mommy and I love you very much!"
Daddy would've been close by waiting for his turn to hold his new little girl. He would've sat beside me and stroked your hair (what little of it you had) and said, "I'm your Daddy. I love you and I'm here to protect you."
We would've sat close together and held you between us while we told you about your brothers and sisters that were waiting anxiously at home to see you.
About JD and how he loved to talk and had told everyone he knew that you were on the way.
About how Chad loved slimy things and had already named a pet frog after you.
About Sarah and Jenna and how happy they were that you were a girl and not another yucky boy.
We would've also told you about your grandparents and how excited they were to have another grandchild. That would've reminded Daddy that he hadn't called anyone to let them know you'd been born.
So, he would jump up to call the family. He would be so proud to tell all our relatives.
While he was on the phone I would've cradled yo in my arms and rocked you and sang to you the special song that I wrote as a lullaby for my babies.
Close you eyes; go to sleep and dream of something good
Dream of fields to run and play in and great big trees to climb
Dream of Mommy; dream of Daddy too 'cause they have dreams for you
They pray you'll know the God who loves you so
And watches over you
We would've been so excited to get you home. Daddy would have driven to the hospital to pick us up while the rest of the family waited t our house. Mamaw and Papaw would've be there with the other kids. I'm sure your brothers and sisters would be watching out the window to get the first glimpse of their new baby sister.
Once we got inside with you they would all have been gathered around wanting to see you and hold you and play with you. I'm sure it would've been loud (our family usually is). Maybe, you'd have been a little unsure at first but after feeling all the love everyone had for you, you'd know in your little heart that you were HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment