Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Breathe

Have you ever thought about breathing? We generally don't do we? This act of breathing involves several of our organs....our nose, mouth, diaphragm, windpipe, lungs, bronchial tubes.
But most of the time we don't even know we're doing it.

Lately I have noticed my breathing a lot. I have developed asthma and for the past few weeks breathing has been a difficult thing. My husband and children listen to me breath to see if I need my medication. They worry that my breathing may become too labored.

Breathing....it's so simple, even babies do it. Yet it's so complex, it must be explained in a biology text and most of us won't get it.
This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me

This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me

And I, I'm desperate for you
And I, I'm lost without you
God's Spirit living in me....His Holy Word. These should be as common and simple as breathing and eating. I've had my medication tonight and I'm physically breathing easy.......time for a Spiritual breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment