Monday, March 16, 2009

The Ides of March

Yesterday was the Ides of March.....as Shakespear would say....BEWARE!
In our house it marks a sad day but not because of the death of Julius Ceasar. That was the due date of our little one that died before we ever got to meet him/her.

Some may not understand why we remember that day....they say it was only a fetus....at least you didn't get too attached...you were able to have other children....it's not like losing a baby to SIDS or having a still birth. But if, like us, you believe that life begins at conception, you know that my husband and I lost a BABY! A real, live, growing human being, created by God Himself that even had a heartbeat if only for a little while.

If you've had a miscarriage you understand the grief that parents go through. It is a time to grieve not only the child lost but the dreams lost. I sometimes envy parents of still borns....at least they got to hold their child and know if it was a boy or girl....they have a body to bury and a grave to visit....others actually acknowledge their grief.

There is a picture that hangs in our home of Jesus holding a small child. I love this...it reminds me that my baby is being well taken care of, in the arms of my Savior and My God. A few years ago, we actually named this child and I wrote a song about the wonderful day when we will meet him/her in heaven. So, this is for you Jaymee Zane.........until we meet.....



Little child of mine, I want you to know
though I never saw your face, I love you so!!
Your Dad and me had plans for you
But our hopes and dreams weren't granted,
still God will make a way for us someday
I'll be there, wait for me; I'll be there

I'll meet you at the pearly gate
Then I'll see you face to face
Together as a family
We'll worship God around His throne
We'll have eternity, together as a family
When we worship Him around His throne
Wait for me; I'll be there
Wait for me; I'll be there

Little child of mine, Oh, how my arms ache
To hold you close to me and feel each breath you take
But I know that you're well cared for
In the arms of my sweet Jesus
And God will make a way for us someday

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song for a beautiful little person that some day you will hold.

    ReplyDelete