Saturday, July 18, 2009

Though None Go With Me

I just got done watching a movie called "Though None Go With Me" and as I type my eyes are full of tears.

The main character in the movie made a commitment to God as a young adult to follow Him unconditionally. Like the song... though none go with me...still I will follow...no turning back...no turning back.

Through out the movie she suffers many losses and questions her faith but continues to follow Christ. At the end of the movie her best friend throws her a party to let her know just how much her life has made a difference. There were people there that she had inspired when she taught Sunday School, a man she counselled in the hospital after a car accident, her granddaughter and so on. It was very touching when she realizes that the little things she had been doing all along did matter even though she never left her small town.

Guess I'm feeling just a little jealous. I think that many of us may not know til heaven what a difference we've made in others lives. That's what makes this journey so hard and keeps us so dependant on God. Maybe if we did know it would go to our heads and we would think we did it under our power not Christ's. I don't know....still, I would love to know if and how I've affected others...for the good (some say I'm a bad influence:)

Although there are very few who have taken the path I have chosen, I can't say I'm alone. God has blessed me with a wonderful, amazing man that I can't imagine life without. I wonder if I would be able to go it alone...that I don't want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment